every kid likes pb & j, almondb & j for a few of you allergic to ground nuts. everyone has their own way of making it: toasted, not toasted, more pb, more jelly, even of both, jam or jelly, crunchy, smooth, cut uncut... the list goes on.
BUT i confess, pb & j's closest cousin, pb & h, is really my preference.
everyday for over a week now, i've lovingly spread, drizzled & consumed. each day i bring my lunch tote(see cute black & white polka dots in upper left corner) with a jar of pb & super ultra large cheap bottle of honey. i put two slices of bread (today i ate a heel, though) into a sandwhich bag each morning, and one packet of echinacea tea-now the honey serves two purposes (yes, wendy, "devine porpoises").
delish.
sweet. savory. not too sweet, natural sugars. gets stuck in your teeth.
and yes, i must bring both jars. if you know anything about pb & h, you know you can't make it ahead of time. it's best fresh.

8 idears & thinks:

Dixon Leavitt said...

creamy pb? thats a character flaw

Anonymous said...

I must admit, I'm kind of a peanut butter addict... I have probably tried it with just about everything. the only thing better than peanut butter is peanut butter and chocolate!

Shelly said...

Your oh so very intelligent brother who has a knack at knowing lots of random information just mentioned to me as he read you dilemma of bringing both jars to work that "if you butter on the side you put the honey on the butter will insulate the bread and it won't get hard".

It's worth a shot.

Leon said...

Very strange...

And you suck....at....moving to Spain......

The Fife's said...

I like mine toasted! What a great lunch, cheap, good and no hassel.

amber said...

that's not true. i hate pb and j. and pb and honey. you don't know me at all!

Anne W said...

there are as many ways to make a pb&j as people in the world. Prophetic, don't you think? Everything I've learned in life, I've learned from peanut butter.

liNdsEYloO said...

anne. i stole your theory about that and i tell people its my theory that everyone like pb & j their own way.
sorry.