on my way home from work i wanted to buy a balloon (see below post). i don't know irvine very well, as i've only been here less than 24 hours, and i knew there was a store near merzy's home sweet home. i just drove there and thought there's gotta be some kind of balloonage.i pull up and say...oh seriously???????????
pride goeth before the fall.
i think to myself, lindsey, its got asian writing but there's gotta be something frozen for dinner and all asians throw a good party so there's gotta be something floaty to take a picture with for my mother's satisfaction.
oh, there were floaty things. just not balloons.
i confess i walked in and say in my head
OMG.
everything is in asian. it ain't chinese or japanese, its probably korean or vietnamese.
practically NOTHING in english. OH. and did i mention there were ZERO white people?
so what did i do??
i put on my happy face, walked nonchalantly through the isles, pretending to be interested, walked out the door and beelined to my car laughing histerically.welcome to california.

3 idears & thinks:

melissa said...

ha haha ha ha . i can see the nonchalant walk through the market. priceless.

brightonislove said...

bahahahahaha. the end

Danielle said...

that's awesome, totally picturing that in my head :D