i used to be a very avid concert goer. all the time. anyone i could see. but then somewhere along the lines i decided music was becoming an obsession and i should put a lil moderation on that. so with the slowing of all my downloading & buying & sharing music, naturally the concert going slowed down, too.

BUT...last night we went to see Joshua Radin.
i love him. he's very chill and relaxing. and happy. and i basically think it was one of my favorite concerts ever. he's just SO great live!! it helps he is muy attractivo & looks like this:THEN... just little someone named INGRID MICHAELSON (woot woot) came out to sing with him on a song & it was SO cool to see her live, too!!
THEN as if I couldn't be happier... THIS lady came out to sing a song with him:
and since i was the only person amongst the 20 people in our group who knew her, i had to have a moment to myself!! i was flippin out. oh maria taylor. i LOVE HER.
(thanks anne for introducing me.)
i walked out the venue PAST her bc she was just chillen at the door talking to people & i was TOO CHICKEN to say hi bc she's way pretty in real life & super talented and i knew it would end up being something awkward and stupid on my part. like napoleon dynamite.
"heeey maria.. i love you. like not in a weird way, i just like your music. and i want to be you. k i gotta go now. i love you."

sufficeth to say, i had a fabulous night. thanks for driving all the way to hollywood, shauna, i didn't really want to.

OH and as a sidenote: as we were leaving the concert at 12AM, there were seriously like a million indians (who looked like they were all 16) lined up outside bc apparently the Music Box becomes an indian club after concerts on a satuday night?? weird.

2 idears & thinks:

amberd. said...

I HEART Joshua Radin like oh so much. You don't even KNOW! I OWN every single one of his songs INCLUDING his Morrissey cover. I'm just sayin'. I am so super jealous you got to see him! Dang...I need to see if he is going to come see me! That makes me so happy to know you love him. *sigh* I need to marry him.

By the way, your new pic on you sidebar is hot. I'm just sayin'....

Aubrey Messick said...

Wan't he sooo dreamy? I am so in lust with Josh Radin!!!