i found out today i was severely spoilt. (enter my sibling's reactions of "yes we knew this")
i watched sense and sensibility today with my friend brakell. she had NEVER seen it before. NEVER? how is this insanity possible??
she was duly forewarned that i knew all the lines, laughed and cried just before cue, AND it was my favorite movie ever, so if she didn't like it our friendship was on the line. no pressure.
we watched. we laughed. we cried. fell in love, got broken hearts and saw them mended yet again.

thanks mother wendy for raising me on british books movies and television. specifically for one, a miss jane austen. "headstrong pigheaded girl i'm ashamed of you!" i may never be satisfied til willoughby comes to me in the rain "she fell down, she fell down and he's carrying her", or mr darcy stands and tells me how much he "ardently admires and loves" me, or until captain wentworth leaves me a note "i am half agony, half hope" (see sidebar). you may also be the reason i am not content with the guys i date bc i desire "he drives a barouche!" however, i am grateful i know what a fortnight is, how to properly act in "all good society" and to dance many a country dance.
"there comes a point when a man must follow his father's advice... i shall go to bed directly!"

4 idears & thinks:

Danielle said...

sigh.. Jane.. what an amazing woman. I love Persuasion! More people need to read that one, and Mansfield park.. such good book! and pretty good movies too :)

amber said...

i've never seen it either linds. i hope our friendship is strong enough to overcome this!

liNdsEYloO said...

go. NOW. rent it with an open mind :)

Anne W said...

yes yes yes yes.